Wednesday 4 December 2013

How to solve exception on loading of Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging for WPF application development

Today I got an exception from Visual Studio 2010 which complained the unresolvable module of Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging (version 2.0.0.0, Public Key 13aaee2494f61799) when I attempted to open a XAML UI developed by others. To my embarrassment, this .Net DLL is already GAC-ed on my machine. Probably, one or more of its satellite libraries were missing. 


It's turned out that I should install "Enterprise Library for .Net Framework 2.0". The exception is now gone after installing the library package and restarting VS. 

Interestingly, even without the Enterprise Library, I was still able to compile & run the project. It means that the missing part matters on design time only. 

Sent from Evernote

No comments: